Senior ICT AssistantFTA
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of Associate Finance/Admin Officer and the technical supervision of an ICT Officer at Sub/Branch/Regional office level.
The incumbent may play a supervisory role in overlooking the day-to-day activities of the Telecom operators in the offices in the area of coverage. H/She has working relationships with UNHCR staff members in the office and other offices within the country of assignment as well as with staff of UN agencies and other UNHCR partners within the zone of operation to exchange information and to provide assistance.
- IT and Telecoms incidents are resolved.
- The required/requested technical support is provided in a professional manner.
- The network (LAN) is properly maintained.
- Assist the office in implementing set standards for applications that meets the needs of the users and supports the overall Information and Communication Technology.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, HF and VHF bases, HF and VHF relay stations, Satellite Modem…to prevent faults occurring.
- Carry out missions for new installations and routine maintenance tours of ICT equipment.
- Ensure that ICT problem recovery is done as quickly as possible and make regular system back-ups.
- Assist with the installation of the software packages, basic repair/maintenance of computer hardware, HF and VHF equipment.
- Train UNHCR staff on email system, utilization of VHF handhelds, telephone system.
- Add and remove users from the Networks.
- Maintain the inventory of ICT equipment and keep track of movements of ICT equipment.
- Draft mails and memoranda on ICT matters.
- Assist in the drafting of technical documentation on radio equipment operating procedures
- Certify invoices and delivery notes and pass for payment.
- Evaluate needs for upgrading and eventually replacing ICT equipment in the field, to meet with UNHCR standards.
- Select the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted.
- Carry out administrative duties, within the area of competence as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- To decide on appropriate resolution to incidents
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary school or equivalent technical school with training/certificate in Telecommunication and Information Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant experience in the ICT field;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and P11 Form and/or the most recent fact sheets through the online application system.
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.