Senior Administrative/Finance AssistantFTA
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and /or Head of the Office/Unit to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative/finance domain are implemented.
The Senior Admin/Finance Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation. The incumbent functions under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Associate Administrative /Finance Officer or Administrative/Finance Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers, banks and/or financial institutions on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and conducting preliminary interviews;
- Assists in surveys on local cost of living, local salaries, housing rental and collecting the information on the above-mentioned; Processing requests for visas, identity cards, driving licences and other personnel-related documents; Prepare travel authorization and assist in the submission of travel claims;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin. matters; administers the movement of local staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to Hqs and takes care of stationary order;
- Maintains financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Assists in preparing financial vouchers and monthly accounts;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in preparing admin. budget submission for entire year; maintains liaison with officials of local bank to obtain day-to-day information in exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary Education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and the most recent P11/fact sheets using the application system.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Late applications will not be considered.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.