Senior Data Management AssistantFTA
The position is normally supervised by a Professional or senior General Service staff member who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, he/she will work independently on routine tasks, while will follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. The position has no supervisory role.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern
Description of Responsibilities
- Enter data mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR into the computer database.
- Prepare reports and project documents by providing information, preparing tables and drafting routine correspondence and reports.
- Assist in compilation of data and interpreting the statistics for various reports.
- Assist in the development of forms for data collection and analysis, if requested.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information and translate routine documents and correspondence as and when required.
- May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- Perform any other duty, as requested.
- Decide on the data recorded in database.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Electronic Data Processing, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and local languages, i.e. Amharic and/or Somali.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Staff Members who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and updated factsheet to Human Resources Unit using the online application system.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.