Protection Associate (Child Protection)UNOPS
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Field Officer covering FU Hitsat, and in close collaboration with the Senior Protection officer and Child Protection officer based in Shire. He/She has to show an ability to engage and form effective working relationship with implementing partners and any other relevant child protection actors, local authorities and refugees.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
- Contribute at field level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
- Contribute at field level education, livelihood plan as part of the protection strategy
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Contribute to effective information management through the provision of disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems Conduct BIA and BIDs for individual children and ensure that the best interests of the children is the underlying principle in the CP partners case management programmes
Monitoring and Progress and Control
- Number of protection interview conducted per week/month
- Number of protection needs assessments drafted as part of resettlement case identification
- Number of persons of concern provided with individuel case management
- Regular update of protection events in ProGress as part of individual case management
- Individual case management in child protection with a view to promoting family re-unification and identigfication of alternative case management for UASC
- Effective liaison with relevant implementing partners and national athorities
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Completion of high diploma and additional certificate/training in International Law, Political Science or related field is required
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Relevant to the function: 3 years.
Previous experience performing, general protection or child protection function in Shire refugee context will be considered as asset.
-Good computer skills
-Ability to draft well-reasoned protection needs assessments including BIA and BID report
- RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY CORE COMPETENCIES
- TEAM WORK & COLLABORATION
- COMMITTMENT TO CONTINOUS LEARNING
- CLIENT & RESULTS ORIENTATION
- ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS
- Working knowledge of the UNHCR HRT,ProGres.
- Completed Protection Learning Programme
- Local language
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and an updated P11 form and factsheet through the online application system.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for further interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.