Senior Supply AssistantFTA
The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation.
The incumbent is supervised by a Senior Officer who provides regular guidance. S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
- Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility.
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
- Identify and assess vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
- Determine routes and delivery schedules to meet demand in the most timely manner.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
Managerial and Cross-Functional Competencies
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics or warehousing.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter, the most recent factsheet and the new updated P11 Form through the online application system. Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.