- The incumbent receives guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation. He/she may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
- The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- IP financial and performance reports are monitored and verified and results of verification/monitoring missions are reflected in quality reports.
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Upload UNHCR and IP budgets in Focus and MSRP, vrify and monitor financial performance with the use of MSRP reports
- Upload and verify narrative and indicator values as per the RBM framework in Focus
- Support analysis of project proposals
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Support development of partner agreements
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education and post-secondary training/ certificate in Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Project management or related field
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function
- Computer skills (in MS office)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.)
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Staff members who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and the most recent fact sheets through the online application system.
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.