The incumbent is normally supervised by the (Snr.) Admin/Finance Officer who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The Admin/Finance Associate may supervise some support staff in which case Managerial competencies are applicable and should be selected by the staff member and manager in the context of Performance Appraisal Management (e-PAD).
The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters; with local suppliers, banks and financial institutes on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
Description of Responsibilities
- Performs personnel administration tasks including interpretation and processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Assists in conducting preliminary interviews of candidates, administering typing exams and recruitment of GL staff;
- Conducts surveys of local cost of living, DSA rate and servicing staff, housing rental and collects information on the above-mentioned.
- Prepares travel authorization, ID cards and other personnel related documents for staff;
- Record vouchers in MSRP Finance and Supply Chain application, prepares monthly replenishments, maintains Petty Cash, enters Requisitions and Purchase Orders. Prepares monthly reports on accounts for submission, as needed. If required, assists in preparation of ABOD and submission along with Country Operation Plan;
- Prepares, updates, maintains inventory records of non-expendable equipment for submission to the main office. Orders and controls stationary supplies;
- Attends meetings and participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices on administration and finance matters; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations for follow-up action;
- The incumbent will organize meetings for the administrative section, take and draft minutes, follow up with pending actions and support the head of section with administrative functions including filing.
- Performs other duties as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Staff Members who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and updated factsheet to Human Resources Unit using the link below:
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.