Senior Program AssistantTA
The incumbent receives guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation. He/she may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Programme Assistant.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
- UNHCR country office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities.
- Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
- Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures. This may include field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function
- Computer skills (in MS office)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
Managerial and Cross functional Competencies
- Managing resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and non-Ethiopians with valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send the updated P11 and/or the most recent Fact Sheet and a motivation letter through the online application system.
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.