PRIME Business AnalystTA
The position aims to manage the countrywide business analysis related to the deployment of the new mobile food distribution mechanism and PRIMES in Ethiopia. The position will support the training component related to PRIMES and the new food distribution system jointly with WFP and ARRA.
He/she will assist the work of the training preparation and organization within the operation with primary responsibility for consolidating training needs, informing the manager on training needs, develop training agenda and delivery of v4 related learning programmes/tools (PRIMES learning material) relevant for all levels of staff in the operation.
The position requires the incumbent to assist in the internal coordination within the operation, in addition to partnering with other stakeholders, including ARRA and UNHCR Representation and Sub-offices, as well as external partners concerning capacity-development and awareness-raising activities to ensure appropriate dissemination of all UNHCR learning and training programmes for PRIMES (v4).
Aim of the Position
- Assist and support the rollout and implementation of proGres v4 in Ethiopia.
- Assist in Data Monitoring.
- Assist in Reporting.
- Assist the work of the training preparation and organization within the operation with primary responsibility for consolidating the training needs, informing the manager on the training needs, develop training agenda and delivery of v4 related learning programmes/tools ( PRIMES learning material) relevant for all levels of staff in the operation.
- The post requires the incumbent to assist in the internal coordination within the operation, in addition to partnering with other stakeholders, including ARRA and UNHCR country office and field offices, as well as external partners concerning capacity building and awareness raising activities to ensure appropriate dissemination of all UNHCR learning and training programmes for PRIMES (v4).
- The PRIME Business Analyst is a member of the Registration team and is supervised by the Registration Officer.
- The PRIME Business Analyst is responsible for supporting all activities related to the rollout of proGres v4 across the operation.
- Depending on the size and structure of the implementation of proGres v4 in operation, the PRIME Business Analyst may assist day-to-day supervision, direction and support to the registration officer.
- Assist in monitoring the efficiency and quality of the implementation processes of proGres v4.
- Assist in the implementation of plans, strategies and methodologies for proGres v4.
- Provide updates and draft reports related to the implementation of proGres v4.
- Assist in counselling to, and responds to queries from staff regarding the implementation of proGres v4 and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Electronic Data Processing, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Minimum 6 years (5 years with graduate degree (equivalent of a Master's)) of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of the principles of and concepts of international protection and UNHCR.
- Strong team building, managerial, planning, coordination and representation skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in protection, registration, and data management. - Excellent working knowledge of English and French.
- Technical expertise in registration, individual case management and identity management systems, including proGres, in refugee and internal displacement situations.
- Knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and humanitarian operations in a variety of geographical locations and operational contexts.
- Familiarity with planning, programming and implementation of registration operations at the field levels, including strategic planning, project development, budgeting and resource mobilization.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Knowledge of any other relevant UN or local language.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position
- Strategic Planning and Vision.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Technological Awareness.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiations skills to deal with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Kindly apply sending your P11/Fact Sheet and motivation letter through the online application system.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.